Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 11 to November 17


Sunday
November 11, 2012
Remembrance Day. John and I both walked in the parade and I laid a cross for the CWL. It is a long time to stand. After we marched back to the Legion Jack and Nancy joined us for their chili lunch and I had a glass of draft. Boy was it good. I went to choir practice and when I got home Jerome and Colleen were here. They stopped on their way home to Ottawa. We had a nice visit but they were anxious to hit the road before all the daylight disappeared. Very warm day high of 18°C!

Monday
November 12, 2012
Carole picked me up at 10 and we went to Peterborough. She needed a passport picture so we started at Cosco and then went to Value Village where I found some napkin holders and got some books. We both had bags to drop off at Vinnies and of course did some shopping. I got John two new shirts and more books. Then we hit the Dollar Store and I got some Christmas doilies and most of the things I need for my seniors gift bag. We came back home for a late lunch at Burger Hut and John joined us for coffee and paid the bill. Another warm day.

Tuesday
November 13, 2012
What a quick change in the temperature. It only went up to 3°C today. Did some banking and went for coffee.
Wednesday
November 14, 2012
Wore a skirt to work today for a change. Cool but sunny day. Dining room table finally cleaned off!

Thursday
November 15, 2012
Beautiful day. Finally got my hair cut. It is very short! Went from Havelock to Campbellford to Giant Tiger and bought a lot of frozen foods. Had lunch at the Country Kitchen and got a battery for my pin on watch. I went to The Salvation Army store and got 2 more napkin holders. We were early for John's appointment at the hospital but they took him and we he was done in half an hour! John had a Lion's Director meeting.

Friday
November 16, 2012
Another sunny day, Hung one load of laundry out before work. Went to Mass. Harry and Carole met us for lunch. Still putting out Christmas decorations and doing a lot of knitting.

Saturday
November 17, 2012
Cloudy but no rain got 2 loads of washing done. Got the Christmas village up on my mantel. Went to Mass at 5 it was said for John's parents.

No comments: